Euroscience Open Forum, ESOF, 2012 opens in Dublin on 11 July 2012.
ESOF 2012 will run until the 15th July and the list of topics and speakers are long and varied.
On Sunday 15 July, the Norwegian professor Hans Petter Sejrup will take part in a session about the impact of ice sheets on climate change titled The Impact of Ice Sheets and Ocean Interactions on Climate Change
This session will explore how research in the North Atlantic region shows that the Irish continental shelf is a critical area for climatic research and will discuss in this context the potential that a rapidly melting Greenland Ice Sheet could force unexpected and rapid climatic change in the North Atlantic region.
- Colm O'Cofaigh, Durham University, UK
- Hans Petter Sejrup, University of Bergen, Norway
- Paul Dunlop, University of Ulster, UK
- Sara Benetti, University of Ulster, UK
- Stephen McCarron, National University of Ireland Maynooth, Ireland
Sunday 15 July 2012 at 10.45am
The Convention Centre Dublin, Room Liffey A
Registration fee applies, to register go here